Dress: H&M, $24
Bag: LV Neverfull Damier MM, $700+tax back then?
Belt: J.Crew, $15
Shoes: Target, $13
This tree right outside my house was still "bald" about 2-3 days ago and look how pretty it is right now! It looks like a cherry blossoms tree. Oh Ohhhhh...speaking of cherry blossoms, the peak bloom will be from 3/20-3/23 due to the early warm weather this year! If you live in the Washington D.C area or if you are somewhat close, I definitely recommend coming to check out the cherry blossoms this weekend! I will be going this weekend despite the scary amount of tourists expected.......check out the website for more details: http://www.nationalcherryblossomfestival.org/
I love this dress from H&M two years ago! I think they come out with a similar version every year for about the same price so if you like it definitely keep an eye out! Back then used to think that shirt dresses are no-nos because it just looks like we're wearing a long shirt with no pants! Then I totally changed my mind about it. It's so wearable and makes a great simple casual work or play outfit that you can just throw on and go. The only thing is that I think it could get wrinkly if you sit down in it a lot but with that price, oh wells! This dress comes with a matching chambray waist tie but I opted for a belt instead to break up the color a little bit.
Now let's talk about my LV Neverfull Damier MM bag. So I love this bag to death and all, but there is ONE MAJOR ISSUE. It has no zippers!!! I really want a bag like this that's the perfect size and practical for work and everyday use but no zippers? It's a deal breaker for me. Also, this bag definitely requires a base shaper to hold its shape at the bottom so I got one from eBay for cheap. The base shaper not only holds the shape but it also protects the bottom of the inside from getting dirty since you can always replace the base shaper =) I'm actually thinking about reselling this bag because of the no zipper issue. I'm not baller enough to own and collect multiple designer bags and will be content if I just own a couple (with zippers please) that I can love and cherish for a long time. I'm in the market for a nice designer bag that's about the size of my Neverfull MM and has zippers, so if you have any recommendations that'll be greatly appreciated!
Shirt: Target, $18
Dress (worn as skirt): Express, $30
Belt: J.Crew, $15
Shoes: Aldo's, $30
I got this sequin dress for a bachelorette party and the plan was to keep the tag and return it after one wear (SHHH!). However, I totally forgot about the "returning" part of my plan and so now I'm happily stuck with it until I find a better replacement. As you can probably tell already, I'm not the type to wear things that's so "out there" and sparkly, but this dress could be a wardrobe staple and comes in handy for weekend nights out. There are so many ways to wear it and mix and match it, the possibilities are endless. I've only worn it probably twice so far due to lack of partying, but dressing it this way with a low-key chambray shirt over it...I could possibly get more wear out of it going forward.
Lastly, I wanna thank my sweet syands, Linda of *Shining Alanys* for presenting this award to me.
Here are the Rules:
1. Thank the blogger who awarded you and add a link to their blog in your post.
2. Share 7 things about yourself.
3. Share the award with other 15 blogs that you love and inform them :)
~7 Random Things About Myself~
1. I can eat a lot but I don't gain any weight, and I was never concerned about exercising or dieting.....
2. My hair looks likes a straight up afro if I don't do the Asian permanent straightening every few months =(
3. My favorite food is noodles soups....Pho, Japanese ramen, taiwanese beef noodle soups, and even cheap homemade ramen, you name it.
4. I can't swim and will probably never learn how to because I'm afraid of getting my head/ears/eyes in water.
5. I love dogs and wanna have two dogs in the future along with two kids =)
6. I'm definitely not a morning person and if I could have a job with less pay but more schedule flexibility I'd probably highly consider that...
7. My favorite season is Spring but my allergies are killing me as we speak
I'm going to skip part 3 because every blogger deserves this award in my opinion! Starting a blog AND maintaining it is pretty time consuming so props to all the bloggers out there!